We’ve listened to comments made at various events and have used your ideas to create a draft VISION for the village.
The vision statement was included in the consulation event held in the Junior School on 16 March 2019.
East Boldon remains a thriving village full of character.
It has a strong sense of community where local schools and voluntary groups, including sport and leisure organisations, play an important part in bringing people together.
It is home to a wide range of successful businesses. These make an important contribution to village life and are actively supported by local people.
It is blessed with wonderful green spaces on all sides, much of which is safeguarded by Green Belt status. This has done much to protect the village from urban sprawl and help maintain its identity and separation from other settlements as well as providing important habitat for wildlife.
However, development over the years has put a strain on infrastructure and some parts of the village suffer from serious parking problems and road safety issues.
The community, including many businesses, believe that those things which help make East Boldon such a good place to live should be safeguarded and protected for future generations.
It has identified that new development should be sensitive to the existing character of the village, provide opportunity for the enhanced wellbeing of its residents, and ensure an environment which is rich in landscape for wildlife.
In short, new development should be sustainable in every sense.
People who live in East Boldon believe that the needs of local residents, both young and old, should be a major consideration in the type and location of any new development.
The need to keep the local community together by providing the right mix of housing is seen as a priority.
Any new development should be seen as an opportunity to address the issue of parking and not add to it.
- Is a thriving village, full of character and a good place to live
- Has a strong sense of community
- Is where schools, sport and leisure organisations bring people together
- Has wonderful green spaces and wildlife habitats
- Is home to a range of successful businesses
EAST BOLDON WISHES TO
- Safeguard village assets
- Ensure an environment which is rich in landscape for wildlife
- Provide opportunity for the enhanced well-being of residents
- Ensure developments are sensitive to the existing character of the village
EAST BOLDON’S PRIORITIES ARE TO
- Meet the needs of residents in the type and location of any new developments
- Keep the local community together by providing the right mix of housing
- Ensure new developments are an opportunity to address parking, not add to it
Return to home page or go to the March Consultation Feedback page