Development proposals that support the creation or protection of jobs and the sustainable development and economic growth of the neighbourhood plan area will be supported where it:
- Can be achieved without significant impact on the built and natural environment, highway safety and residential amenity;
- Is located within the East Boldon settlement boundary, as defined on the policy map;
- Is an appropriate scale and the use does not conflict with that of neighbouring occupiers;
- Provides opportunities to be accessed by sustainable transport; and
- Includes appropriate levels of car and cycle parking.
Where the above criteria can be met, particular support will be given to:
- Small-scale windfall employment development proposals adjacent to existing employment development, provided that they are not allocated for other uses; and
- Business proposals seeking to occupy small sites or buildings within residential or other built-up areas, provided that they are not allocated for other uses or are otherwise protected.