Development proposals to enhance the provision of community services and facilities will be supported subject to the following criteria:
- The proposal will not generate unacceptable noise, fumes, smell or other disturbance to adjoining properties;
- The proposal will not have an adverse impact on highway safety; and
- Access arrangements and sufficient off-street parking can be satisfactorily provided where practical without negatively impacting on adjoining uses.
Proposals that result in the loss of buildings or land for public or community use will need to demonstrate that:
- The facility is no longer needed in its current form;
- A replacement facility of sufficient size, layout and quality is to be provided on an alternative suitable location; or
- It would not be economically viable or feasible to retain the facility and there is no reasonable prospect of securing an alternative community use of the land or building.