In the first test of our Neighbourhood Plan, Lichfields, acting on behalf of Avant Homes have submitted a planning application to build 245 houses on Cleadon Lane Industrial Estate. Full details of the application are available by searching for ST/1109/21/FUL on the Council’s website at http://planning.southtyneside.info/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/ApplicationSearch.aspx
UPDATE JULY 2022
Lichfields submitted a revised application which the Forum have also provided comments on, click here to view it.
Forum members have examined the proposal in detail and have produced a comprehensive response which has been submitted to the council.
The response confirms that the existing proposal does not comply with the policies in the neighbourhood plan in a significant number of areas, including:
1. The phasing of the proposed development;
2. The proposed mix of development, illustrating how this will not undermine the viability and operation of existing businesses on the site;
3. How the housing mix will contribute to delivering local housing needs as demonstrated in an up to date Housing Needs Assessment;
4. The provision of adequate vehicle and cycle parking provision taking account of the guidance set out in the Annex to the East Boldon Design Code;
5. Highways access to the site and the impact of the proposals on the highway network;
6. Pedestrian linkages through the site, including how opportunities for sustainable travel will be embedded within the development;
7. How the development accords with the East Boldon Design Code;
8. A landscape framework for the site, addressing matters such as green infrastructure, open spaces and relationship with the Green Belt beyond the site;
9. How flooding and drainage considerations have informed the overall site design, particularly as areas of the site lie within flood zone 2 and 3;
10. Opportunities to enhance biodiversity;
11. Land contamination and remediation; and
12. Any mitigation measures required as a result of the development.
The detailed response includes the following documents:
In late February 2022, Lichfields agreed to extend the period in which the Council have to determine the application to 31 May 2022. This follows a number of requests for additional information which were not included in the original documentation.
The Forum’s response to Lichfields / Avant’s preliminary consultation in August 2021 can be found here.
If you wish to contact us for any reason please leave your details on the Contact Us page.